Drown Radio's Forum More Zeroes Than Ones NerdcoreHipHop.org Get Lo Fi 40s Over 40 Beefy Highly Liquid- Circuit Bending God Drown Radio MySpace Hipster, Please Music Thing Makezine.blog

Drown Radio Therapy

Thursday, August 10, 2006

A highly fun experience

My buddy Highly Liquid is in town and we got together today for fish and chips. During the lunch I got this bug up my ass to get some studio time together. H.L. is an amazing circuit tweaker that I've been buying stuff for years, but he's never been in a studio.

I've been pushing him via email to start working on music together so it only made since that we record while he was in town.

Finding a studio was not easy, but luckily my buddy Robert from Kreamy 'Lectric Santa would like to be part of this and he has some decent recording gear, so we'll do it at his place in West Oakland.

The idea is to bring Un-Bent items and work on bends for two hours, then spend two hours of improvising sounds on our new toys. I'm supplying all the toys including a Roland 707 drum machine, SK-1, Sk-5, 99 sound bank Casio, some tiny yamaha sequencing composser, a Dr. Rhythm, a speak and spell, an answering machine and this kick ass toy vocoder.

I can't wait to see H.L.'s techniques on how he approaches bending. He is out here without any of his gear, and he'll be bending shit he's never bent before.

We are going to document the process too, my buddy Craig (from our recent 24 hour comic jam) will be filming and I'll have my PXL 2000.

!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Page hosted by b3studios.com and designed by Beefy and Scot Nery